My cable company provides Internet service and they supplied a Norton antivirus program for our imac. The other day we got a notice saying we have a virus called Trojan.gen.2. The Norton now is malfunctioning and says it can't fix the problem (says kernel won't load). I have googled this and it says the virus shouldn't affect the Mac but wondered if any Tug folks have advice about this. I plan to call AppleCare too but need a block of time to sit down and do that and haven't been able to get to it yet. I am avoiding using the computer until I know what is going on. It has been functioning just fine and no slow down or glitches that I can tell.
Thanks for any advice that ant fellow Mac users have - tlwmkw
Thanks for any advice that ant fellow Mac users have - tlwmkw
Virus notification on imac